Saturday, December 8, 2007

Nothing outlasts the Myla-bunny

As the snow fell outside, Myla stayed nice and warm in her little glass condo. We asked the nurse tonight and they keep it at a toasty 83 degrees in there. Of course we were there twice to pull her out and give love to our little girl! She gained another ounce tonight, putting her at 3 pounds, 3.5 ounces. And they have upped her feedings to one full ounce! My Uncle Tom figured out that proportionally its about the equivalent of a 220 pound man eating 6 pounds of food in a sitting. That's quite a bit when you think about it!

Perhaps the most exciting thing for her happened last night after we left. According to the day nurse, she was fussy and moving around last night, so the night nurse thought, "lets see what she'll do with a bottle." And our Myla did not disappoint. She took 3 cc's from the bottle, or about 1/2 a teaspoon. Not a lot, but she did it without choking and that is a very big feat. They won't start giving her one every feeding, or probably even every other one, but she's just about there. Its a big jump we can see coming!

Don't forget to cast your vote in our poll! Its in the upper left hand corner...

4 comments:

John & Jeanette Washburn said...

She looks like her Mommy and has her Daddy's long and lanky limbs,like when he was born, she is sooooo precious. I want to kiss her little cheeks. Beautiful baby. Love Mom In Omaha Grandma O

Kathy said...

Oh, I don't know, GrandMAAA. (I love to rub it in!) Have to disagree with ya. Her little face is long and narrow and that's a "no-nonsense" mouth. All her dark hair will fall out and it'll come back in blonde as her daddy's. Wait 'n see!

I thought the vote would split along family lines, but it doesn't appear to be the case!

Love y'all bunches...
Aunt Kathy (the troublemaker!)

Becky Washburn said...

I think she looks like me! She has my chin. What a beautiful chin it is! Just kidding. I think she looks like both of you, but we need more information. Please post your baby pictures so we vote honestly.

Kathy said...

HONESTLY??? Are you calling your mom and I dishonest, and you, too, Boots? I'll admit having baby photos of Kara and Johnny would help us make better INFORMED decisions, but I'm always honest, aren't you?

No matter who she looks like, I'm sure we can all agree that little Myla's adorable.

Aunt Kathy