Wednesday, December 12, 2007

3 pounds - and one half!

Myla hit 3 1/2 pounds today - on the nose. Its like she knows how much to gain to land right on these numbers. She hit 1500 grams exactly and now 3 1/2 pounds exactly. She's been so tired from all the growing that she sleeps a lot. But I guess that's what babies are supposed to do. She did take another 10 milliliters from a bottle this morning and that probably wore her out too.

We did another bath tonight, with the nurse raving about how good she looks and being just utterly amazed at how much she's grown. Its hard to believe, when we look back at our pictures and see the change in her. I see it more now that I'm not there twice a day. I'm starting to believe that she could hit four pounds and get her elephant standing on its head. See, with every weight milestone, the nurses give her a postcard that say "I weigh ___ pounds!" She had a mouse with a strawberry for 2 pounds, a snake for 3 pounds and the 4 pound one is an elephant standing on its head. It doesn't seem like that long ago I was telling her that was our goal, to get an elephant standing on its head. And now, it doesn't seem so far away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely Kara! My vote is for Kara. Just look at the photos on Dec. 1st and 7th. Without a doubt I see Gramma Kathi - so I HAVE to vote for Kara!! Sorry John.