Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Myla turns 5!

DSCN3436

Our tiny little girl turned five in October and was so happy to be so.  We had a little mermaid party with a couple of her friends on one of the fantastic Saturdays that was sunny and warm and then she got a little early birthday present from us – another bike to keep at our house.  She was pretty excited to ride it, even though she acted like she’d never been on a two-wheeler before.  By the end of the ride, she was pretty confident except for the dips in the sidewalk.  She’ll get the hang of it in the spring I’m sure – or this winter if the weather stays this warm.

100_2610

The party continued through the week and we carved pumpkins with the family on the next Sunday.  She was like me in not wanting to put her hands inside the pumpkin, but she loved watching and was very excited to see the faces.  Myla got all sorts of cute dresses to wear, a tea set, nail polish pens, Cabbage Patch doll and a doll house as big as she is.  I think that everything has been played with extensively and she could not be more excited to be five.

She’s so big – the doctor clocked her in at 29.5 pounds and 38.5 inches.  And she thoroughly impressed her with her language skills and happiness.  Its amazing to think that it was five years ago.  Five years.  My sister told me that she remembers the World Series was on the night Myla was born and here it is on again on her birthday.  I remember not being able to see it very well – I didn’t have my glasses – and I was probably pretty out of it.  This year I didn’t see it very well because I had tears in my eyes – how can she be five!

No comments: