Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Three months old!

three months old (5)I just can’t believe how fast time flies as a parent. I’m sure my mom thought the same thing. Kinsley is now three months old (and a few days) and is so much fun. She loves to talk and coo and kick any time she can. I took her in the backpack/snuggli to walk the dog the other day and she was good right up until the end and then she wanted to be put down to kick. She’s been sleeping really well and is eating and eating. She lights up when I’m talking to her too, which makes me feel all sorts of special.

waffles (1)

Myla has become very passionate about what we HAVE to do. If you say that you’re thinking about, oh, washing the dog, she says, “we HAVE to wash Haley-dog now.” And if you try to convince her otherwise, she will just keep saying it over and over. It can be frustrating but sometimes it’s a good exercise for us to come up with a way to do it anyway. (A baby wipe bath for the dog in this case.) She’s been a sweetheart too, hardly leaving our sides sometimes or snuggling with our hands at bedtime.

DSCN2073

My best friend from North Carolina breezed through Denver last week and we got to spend some time together. It was so much fun to see her and it was like she was across the street again. Myla loved having her here too and had her reading books in no time. She was sad when she woke up in the morning and found “my friend” had left. So, it looks like you’ll just have to come back soon Kathleen!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

That was SOOOOO lovely! Thanks for taking me around town, and into your beautiful home, and serving me the scrumptious dinner (recipe? :), oh, and Kinsley hugs, and Myla smiles . . . and kicking my trash at Uno Moo! Definitely will have to do it again!
Miss you!