Thursday, April 28, 2011

Doctors and Dentists

tummy time (1)Kinsley had her two month check up on Friday and passed with flying colors. The doctor got to see her when she was really active and thought she looked really great. He was impressed with how strong she was and told us she was ready to flip over at any time! She weighed in at a whopping 9 1/2 pounds and 22 inches long! (I couldn’t help but check, and Myla was those measurements at her six month – three months adjusted - check-up. Which means Kinsley has a month lead, but they are pretty close!)

jumping small

Myla had her first check in with the dentist today and got rave reviews. Johnny said she sat really still for the x-rays but once they went to put the chair down, she was having nothing of it. (She does that in the bath with us too, hates to lay down for some reason.) He said that with premature babies, the teeth get soft spots where the enamel didn’t harden and she has a few, but not too many. All in all, he thought her smile looked fantastic.

We are gearing up for our fourth March for Babies this weekend. Myla loves to “walk for babies” and she has been asking me, “but where ARE the babies mommy-zebra?” Last year, I was all emotional when we were there because it touches me so deeply. In fact, tonight I’m debating whether I want to watch Grey’s Anatomy or not (a guilty pleasure) because the previews are almost too much for me. Who knew after all this time and all that we have that it would still be so raw? I look at the Easter picture of these girls, my girls and am touched by the light in their eyes and their sweet faces. Amazing thing, this motherhood stuff. Crazy, amazing, overwhelming love.

No comments: