Sunday, October 24, 2010

How old!?

Three today! Holy moly, how did that happen!? We had a little family birthday party for her yesterday and she was so excited for it. When we went for the plates and such in the morning, she kept telling me, "and I need balloons and presents too." In fact, when A2 came in with both the balloons and presents, Myla said "may I have one of those presents?" She made out like a bandit again this year, books and clothes and games and stuffed animals. She loved seeing all the family - and great grandparents too! But perhaps, in out little bug's mind, the best part was...

The duck cake! Uncle Scott's girlfriend has a brother that is a chef and was therefore recruited to make a duck cake. We had grand plans last year to make her one and it didn't happen, but this year, she got it. She walked in and was smitten. She was still talking about it today, in fact.

Today, Myla and I spent a little bit of time just hanging out (since, again, she didn't want to nap) and we spent some time in a furniture store looking for chairs for our sitting/play room. She was awesome in the store and took to calling me mommy-pony in homage to her little pony that came with us. And so, for the rest of the day, there was daddy-pony and Haley-dog-pony and Myla-pony. She was so much fun to be with and even though I found myself looking at her remembering and comparing, she made me laugh too. She made me thankful for the seven-millionth time for all that we have and had to come through. And excited for our third year and what it will hold!

2 comments:

Sam said...

Happy Birthday Myla!!

John & Jeanette Washburn said...

you are so spoiled. and rightly so. that's what we do...lovely birthday, love you Grammy in Omaha.