Saturday, April 3, 2010

Show your colors

Tonight, after a long day of helping Uncle Scott paint, we showed Myla how to color eggs for Easter.  (I'm ashamed to say that this was my first time hard-boiling eggs.  And I was too embarrased to call my mom and ask how, so I looked it up on the internet.  Gotta love modern technology!)  She got right into the swing of things and didn't bother with the "dunker" but used her little fingers to do it.  Now stained every color under the rainbow.  She loved to put them in the color, pull them out, dunk them again in perhaps a different color and out again.  John tried to show her how to let them sit in the color and it would be more vibrant and dark, but she was having too much fun doing it her way to really care.

She tried to put the little stickers from the package on the eggs, but either the eggs were too cold or her hands too warm and wet, I don't know.  But they didn't stick.  No worries, who needs stickers anyway! In the end, we now have nine multi-colored, many dyed eggs ready for the Easter Bunny. 

And now for a Myla-ism.  Today, in the grocery store, Myla told me she LOVES oranges.  New to me, but okay, we got a couple.  She promptly took them out of the bag and told me again how much she loved oranges, and licked one.  Yuck!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

he he he, you can always call me for boiling egg info ;) Looks like you had lots of fun, and I'm glad she likes oranges!

John & Jeanette Washburn said...

Kaidynce got the spoon out and splashed me and herself pretty good with blue egg color. She had a lot of fun just as Myla did taking the eggs in and out of the colored water. At least she did not try and drink it like Jeff did when he was little. Easter is fun..Love G & G in Omaha. the kids are over today while the adults go Golfing. Yup, I am watching the KIds...we are weeding and cleaning up maybe if it gets warmer.