Monday, April 26, 2010

March for Babies

On Saturday, my mom, my sister, my aunt, Myla and I all put on our walking shoes and did the 2010 March for Babies. It was cold, it threatened to rain (and maybe did sprinkle a little bit) but it was all worth it. Myla was awesome and stayed snuggled in her stroller for most of the walk, but didn't fail to collect some goodies from the sponsors along the way. With a little help from Mam-Mam and A2.

We were told that the family teams from the Denver walk raised $1 million. That was a new record they said. We felt proud to be part of it too. I told my sister at the beginning of the walk that something was wrong with me because I was getting all emotional. But it was more than just walking - it was doing it for Myla. And at the end, our little miracle walked across the finish line. Fitting I thought.

Thank you to all that sponsored our little family team and that have done so much for us in the two and a half years since we started this little blog and this little family. Thank you for loving our Myla. And thank you for all you do for little babies everywhere in your own little ways!

Myla, Mommy and Mam-Mam after the crossing the finish line.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

So much FUN! Even if I am sore from walking farther than I needed to and faster just to catch up.
Being with Myla as she crossed the finish line was SOOOO worth it. I know, she knew she was doing something special!!

Kathleen said...

That is so awesome! We sure love you guys, and are so grateful for your miracle :)

Elaine said...

I liked A2 suggestion of making Miracle Myla T-shirts. Then and Now! If you do it, I want one!
X-Large, please. I was thrilled to join you for the day and be a part of the walk.