Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Whew! What a day!

Today was a good day around the Washburn household. Myla had another great night. The EKG found that the duct between her heart and lungs is closed - yeah! - they took the IV out of her little head and they are reducing the amount of oxygen from the ventilator. But wait - there's more! They weighed her tonight too and found that she's up to 1 lbs and 8 oz. 8 oz! They are going to discontinue the light for jaundice and if her progress keeps up, she might get to move into a "glass condo" sometime this week.

Myla flashed a big baby smile today when she found out that her daddy was going to become the assistant manager at a new store today too. He will be moving to a store a little closer to home probably around the middle of the month. This is a big step to becoming LP manager at his own store in the Macy's world and we are all very excited at the new challenge.

Did I mention that today was a good day? Today was a GREAT day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

we hope that she can go home sooner than they said. you go Myla.
love you,
evans family

Dani said...

Hi Kara

Congratulations on baby Myla!! I am so glad that things seem to be progressing well for her. I can't wait to meet her. I'm enjoying the blog - what a great way to let everyone know what's going on. I would have come and visited you at the hospital, but those dang marketers left without me ... out of site out of mind I guess!!!! ha ha
Dani

Elaine said...

Dear Myla,
I am sitting here on Halloween night, not knowing if what I am going to tell you is appropriate for the Washburn blog, but since it is your diary, and history of your beginnings, maybe someday, you will want to know your relatives.

Today, I went to visit your Great Grandmother, who is 91 and in a nursing home. I asked her if she knew that you had been born, and what your name was. She told me your name was Yla, and I thought that was pretty close for her to get that much of your name correct. I find it remarkable that she has chosen to live long enough to know that you have been born and that both of you have that much inner strength to live.

Every stage of life is taken one baby step at a time.
To everything, there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven.

May you always find joy in your life, and strength from those that made the journey before you.

Love always,
Great Aunt Elaine