Thursday, October 25, 2007

The second day is the roughest...

Everything went off without a hitch, however no good thing is without it's little hiccups, setbacks, or whatever you choose to call it. Considering the abrupt change in plans from Monday and all the accompanying emotional ride, today Kara and Myla had physical difficulties on top of emotional ones which even had a small toll on myself now that I've had time to sit back and evaluate things.


Don't take the tone as defeated but perhaps reflective and analytical because all in all it was a good day. Kara was kept on the IV drips longer than expected and couldn't go see her little girl and just had a hard time from after the surgery which didn't help emotionally and resulted in some meltdowns but at the end of the day there was calm and clarity.

Now, about my super little girl! She started off with a bang and impressed everyone with her reslove to breathe and function on her own and today was no different, although the afternoon she had regressed slightly in her lung function by the evening she was making even bigger strides to breathe completely unassisted and made us all very proud. It may be 4 or 5 more days before she can put on some weight and really digest milk but she'll get better everyday.

I'm actually exhausted right now. The high I experienced by becoming a dad to such an amazing little being still burns in my heart eventhough my head and the rest of me wants to rest, and I will give in and sleep so I can be a great dad tomorrow as early as I may need to be. Love you Myla!

3 comments:

Kathi & Dick said...

Hang in there John - Kara - Myla

Jeffery Tessem said...

We agree with Kathi and Dick, keep hanging on. We love you and you are in our prayers. Lily keeps asking about Kara and Myla. Remember when she asked what was in your belly before you told us you were expecting little Myla?

Reese, Georgina and Dylan said...

Just wanted to let the 3 of you know that you are in our hearts and our prayers. Just remember that you will only be given what you can handle. You are all so strong. We will keep in touch and we will be seeing everyone soon... Take care of each other.