Saturday, May 23, 2009

Getting closer

Myla is growing - she must be for all the food this girl eats! She's getting pretty good at stabbing her veggies with a fork and making that fork go into her mouth. Today, she ate a banana and a half for breakfast - that's a lot of banana! But she loves it and who am I to deny her? She's getting closer to walking too. She recently decided that it was okay to walk around holding only one of our hands, although she is more confident - and faster - when she holds both. But not to worry, she'll get it. Like I tell the meddling old ladies when they ask how old she is and "oh, she's not walking yet?" No, I say, but humans were programmed to walk upright, so she'll get there.

This week was an interesting one around the Washburn household. For those that don't know, Johnny was fired on Tuesday for simply being in the same room as someone who screwed up and so he joins the ranks of the graduates, high schoolers and other unemployeds scouring the internet for job openings. The whole situation was full of politics and foggy unexplained reasons, and he is still not happy about it. (Needless to say, we are forever boycotting Macy's, join us if you'd like!) He has been keeping a little busy by doing home improvement projects and finishing the other ones that he started. I just finished my first fully designed newsletter for work and I must say that it looks okay. I think I did good for not really having any layout experience. We'll see what "the masses" think.

And that's us in a nutshell. We are just enjoying the long weekend and are planning on a concert in the park on Monday if the rain holds off. I have to empty my card in the digital camera so I can get more pictures of our cutie on here for you to see. Maybe we'll get some video of her dancing...

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

She looks great, and I hope the music works out for you. If not, I've got meats in the fridge thawing, come on over and we'll have a framily bbq!
Happy memorial day!
Love ya ,
K