Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Love and thanks.

Just wanted to say again how very thankful we are to all our family, friends and perfect strangers met along the way. It's amazing the impact of just cheerful words when you needed them the most especially without knowing it.

Myla has done so well since being held by her mom, all through the night even. She enjoyed being held again tonight and I got a little video clip of the nurse putting Myla back in her isolet. The perspective will be amazing many years down the road when Myla sees how small she once was against her mom and in the nurses hands. I'm still vying for my turn to hold Myla tomorrow, it may come down to a thumb-wrestling contest with Kara, which I may lose, but in the end I'm sure she'll let me hold her.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Tonight, I had a very important job assigned to me. I was supposed to keep the tubes untangled, so that the flow of oxygen was constant while Myla leaped into her mother's arms. What a beautiful sight, Mother and Child..
Kara holding her daughter! (Exquisite)
When John arrived, I tried to tip-toe quietly away, but I couldn't help humming to myself, "Rock a bye baby"...So much love, to all three of you!

Unknown said...

we hope you win at least once. we can't wait to hold her too. EJ loves to point out Myla picture we have up and say her name too.
love,
TKE