Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Floppy hats and pretty shirts

floppy hat (1)
Our little girls are such… girls sometimes.  They love to walk around and wear necklaces, or dress up as Cowgirl Myla and Sheriff Kinsley.  We’ve had many pretend picnics and parties and balls, and worn many necklaces, medals and scarves.  And sometimes, there’s just something in the store that you have to try on, or a box of clothes will arrive in the mail that you have to see how it looks.

fancy shirt (2)It always amazes me how two little awesome beings could come from two tiny little cells.  They are happy and smart and funny – you should see the things that Myla comes up with when she’s playing or watch Kinsley walk around the house chattering away.  They are so sweet when it comes to giving hugs goodnight or recently, Myla will randomly say “Love ya’ mom.”  Its been great fun watching them grow and change each day.

I’ve been thinking a lot lately about family and making memories.  My friend Kate just found out that her mom is terminally ill and each day I’m thankful for my family.  For my mom and dad.  For these two sweet smiles that greet me in the morning.  For each and every moment that we get to spend laughing and talking and being together. 
duets (2)
Wow – I didn’t mean to make this such a mushy post.  Sorry mom, should have put a disclaimer at the top huh?

No comments: