Tuesday, May 15, 2012

May days

preschool graduation (2)

Monday, Myla had a program for her preschool continuation/graduation.  She was so proud to sing the songs that she’s learned and – probably for the only time in her life – she had a seat in the back row so she kept stretching her neck to look over at me.  She’s occasionally sang us the songs that she might have learned in class, but this was fun because I got to see her do it all the way through.  I can’t believe that she’s done with preschool and will start a pre-k in the fall.  Its just amazing to me how fast she has grown.  (And, for the record, she’s changed her birthday to the 25th because she’s turning five this year.  Silly girl.)

climbing (1)

Kinsley has really taken to the walking thing and now hardly scoots anymore.  She’s been working very hard at going up and down the stairs when we let her.  The new thing she’s trying is climbing up into chairs – or dishwasher doors – to sit down.  And she thinks she’s pretty hot stuff when she does it too.  And this girl can talk up a storm.  She sits in the family room and “reads” a book at the top of her lungs.  She loves to read books and sometimes will do the animal sounds of the animals that she knows.  She’s very smart, just like Myla.

zoo 5-4-12

I had a great mother’s day and was able to sleep in and then come downstairs to warm cinnamon crumb cake and happy girls.  We spent some time snuggled on the couch watching a movie and then spent some time with my mother.  A friend posted this wonderful message on mother’s day that really tugged at my heart strings and I am very thankful that my sweet girls call me mom.  I love them very, very much.

No comments: