Saturday, June 12, 2010

Ah summer

Myla has become a little fish since the days have gotten so nice. (With the exception of this weekend of course. Rain, rain and more rain!) Her Nonni got a pool for the girls to swim in and they have been out there quite a bit. And then, when she comes home, she wants to get in ours! Tuesday, she went with A2 to gymnastics and thoroughly impressed the coach there when she got on the bars. She held herself up which is not something little ones usually do I guess. But she practices here at home so we weren't really surprised. They went swimming that day too.

So, I have to do a little bragging about my girl. Last week, when I posted, I told you that the potty training was going slow. Well today, she went FIVE times. We found her sweet spot - ok, Nonni found it - Myla loves to get and put stickers on a "chart." So last night, John and I got some stickers and I dressed up some poster board and today, she was so excited to put them on. In fact, one time she knocked on the door to get Johnny out of the bathroom because it was "Myla's turn."

She was especially sweet today, laughing and being very happy. She just brightened up the whole room. She ran over to Johnny and gave him a big hug and said "I love you daddy" for no reason at all. It reminded me how proud I am to be her mom, what a joy she is to have in our lives, how much fun we have with her. It made my heart swell with happiness and, yes I'll say it, pride at what a wonderful little girl she is. She is something pretty special...

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

way to go Myla! (and mom and dad!) on the potty training, brilliance of course. :)

John & Jeanette Washburn said...

what a sweet little girl, she is happy to be learning something new that involves a reward that makes her feel good about herself too!. Thank Heaven for Nonni's...this G ma may not have thought of it. love to hear how she is doing. wish u guys were her to help me plant and replant some 16 rosebushes I have... have a good week
xoxoxoxxo Grammy and Golfing Granpops in Omaha.....