Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Going speechy

Myla had her quarterly check in with her speech therapist today. Or, to hear Johnny tell it, her quarterly "wow, she's doing so great"-in. They were once again amazed at how well she's doing. The therapist thought Myla had progressed in leaps and bounds even just since last time she saw her. She's putting two words together and saying "watch" to Mommy and Daddy so we will watch what she's doing. (Change of author here so that I can go calm our fiesty girl...) It's great to hear your child begin to talk, even when she repeats things you say, like poop and butt. Still makes me laugh... until she says it at the top of her lungs in the store and won't stop. Maybe I'll still laugh.

Myla is becoming very independent as of late. She has to put the key in the lock anytime we're coming or going and must hold the leash when we take the dog for walks and tries to pit us against each other when putting her to bed. She'll cry for mom if dad is rocking her and vice versa. Just this morning she was watching a movie before her nap while I did some things in the kitchen and I thought I heard the movie go to credits but before I could get in the living room she had the remote out and started the show again. She could probly hook up a home theater system too.

We took her two-year-old pictures this past weekend. I can't believe she's almost two. So big, so fast, and so darn cute!

3 comments:

Evans said...

she is growing so fast. good for you Myla. Keep it up. we love you guys so much.

Kathleen said...

Ooh ooh ooh, does she describe the poo yet? ;)

Anna said...

Hooray for Myla! It's so fun when they start talking up a storm. And let's see some of those two year old pictures, huh? I bet she's so cute in them!