Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What a day!

Like Johnny said, there's so much do to when you're small! Today was a very exciting day in the story of Myla. It started out normal enough, eat-play-nap, you know the drill. And then, things picked up. For lunch (or really, second breakfast), Myla ate most of her cereal. She was pretty funny, leaning in toward the spoon, using her hands to get it in there faster - she really took it well. But then, she was too hungry and I was not going fast enough, so we finished with a bottle. But it was a huge step! Then her occupational therapist came and couldn't stop talking about how great Myla was doing. She is doing everything that they expect of her at this stage and is even advanced in her tummy activity. In fact, she said Myla is in the 75% for her adjusted age, which I thought was good because my family is hardly in the 75% range for much when it comes to those medical charts.

After all the working out that she did with the occupational therapist, we decided that it was a 90 degree day and look! Aunt Aimee has a pool! So, for the first time in her short eight months, Myla donned a very cute suit and swimming we went! She wasn't quite sure what to think, but she didn't scream or cry, just kind of went with the flow. We met another little baby there who had been three times and this was the first time she was actually enjoying it. I think she enjoyed it, and I know it felt good with how hot it was.

For some reason, Myla will be tested by the oxygen people on Thursday when she is awake, eating and sleeping. We're not sure why, since we've been doing just overnight oxygen tests for the past few months. But maybe the doctor will say that she's okay to be off it during the day and just need it at night? Who knows. At this point, we're not going to try and guess, just do what the doctor says, right? Anyway, we'll let you know how that goes, but - just in case - cross your fingers!

4 comments:

Jeffery Tessem said...

She looks more like you every day Kara (that is a good thing John, I always cringe when someone says one of the our girls looks like me--I would make an ugly woman). We love reading your stories!

jerry said...

Myla is very special to me and I know that she will be the highlite at the next family reunion. I can't wait to see her. She has grown so much from the first pictures I've seen. Please give her a hug for her Uncle Jerry.

Kathleen said...

Lookin' good Myla and Kara! So exciting to hear about, and I can't believe that she's eight months old now! Crazy! Love ya'll,
K

John & Jeanette Washburn said...

What a sweet picture of her in her little white dress. I am sure she will take to the water like a sponge or fish out of water. Up late at nite here and nothing better to do but go over the pictures and listen to Myla talk sweet to her caregivers. I hope she gives me a growl when we see her.. Grammy in Omaha